Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Today is Earth Day


Do you know what last Wednesday was? Yes, the dreaded tax day. This year was sad for me. No refund. I had to pay because I didn’t give the government enough of my money during the year, and so I was one of the unlucky ones who had to give more. Give might indicate that I willingly did it, and in all actuality it was done merely to stay out of jail. But look what a new week can bring, the sun is shining, and we have a little annotation on our calendars encouraging the celebration of planet earth. Being a wannabe green guru, I really should have something exciting planned. I did fill up my recycling can and put on the curb for collection, but I do that every Wednesday, so I guess that doesn’t count. I watered a dying perennial in my yard that I transplanted last week. That probably doesn’t count either. I should have done it days ago and now it will probably die. Well, if you want to do something fun and struggling for an idea, click here for a website with recyclable craft ideas.

No comments: