Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My son’s favorite breakfast

Do you have a recipe that you have made so many times that you know you could actually make it in your sleep? I make whole wheat pancakes at least once a week. My son Bryson does not consider cereal a breakfast food. An after-school or bedtime snack yes, but definitely not for the most important meal of the day. So being the good mother that I am, I fix him breakfast most days. The funny thing is that I make pancakes, French toast, breakfast cake, waffles, scrambled eggs or German pancake almost every morning, and my husband pours himself a bowl of cereal. And my teenagers will grab a handful of wheat thins as they walk out the door. I don’t get someone who would choose cold cereal or crackers when a hot breakfast is ready and available, but I have to love them anyway.




Whole Wheat Pancakes

2 eggs
1½ cups milk
3 Tbls oil
3 Tbls sugar
1 Tbls baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 – 2½ cups hard white wheat flour, depending on the consistency you like. I like my pancakes more on the thick side so I add more flour. If you like them runny, add less. :)


Bryson, being the growing boy that he is, will eat four pancakes. He likes two with syrup and two with chocolate chips mixed in the batter before cooking.

No comments: