Thursday, September 10, 2009

Salsa!

On Monday, I decided that I really needed to pick tomatoes. I didn’t realize how many were ripe until I got into the plants. I probably picked over 70 tomatoes from my four plants. I couldn’t believe it. That would mean I would be busy making at least 2 batches of salsa. I love homemade salsa. I love it even more when it is all done and every one of the jars sealed.
SALSA
24 large tomatoes
4 large green peppers
4 large onions
1/3 cup sugar
1 cup apple cider vinegar
3 tsp salt
1/4 cup taco seasoning
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
3 4 ounce cans green chilies
Dash garlic powder

Prepare tomatoes, remove skins and cores. Chop onions and green peppers. Place all ingredients in a large saucepan and simmer for 2 1/2 hours. Place in pint jars and process for 25 minutes. Makes about 14 pints.

No comments: