Friday, March 11, 2011

Get Real!

Let’s play a little game of real or not real.

The Real Housewives of _________ (insert city of your choice) – Despite the use of the word real in the title, I would say definitely not real.

Donald Trump running for president – I believe that actually might be real. My sister-in-law thinks it is a great idea, but we should elect him with the “you’re fired” option.

Rumors that Moammar Gadhafi might resign – I would say not real. I imagine he is just trying to pacify “his” people before he annihilates them.

Charlie Sheen’s clean drug test – I would hope it is not real because otherwise he is just plain crazy.

Kim Kardashian’s eyelashes – I say not real.

$3.79 for a gallon of gas – I filled my tank yesterday, and unfortunately it is real.

Survivor contestant Ralph’s fur coat – sadly for his wife that looks completely real.

A restaurant called Heart Attack Grill – amazingly real. It was featured on Nightline this week. Their 29 year-old, 500 pound spokesman died last month. It is unreal to think that people actually eat there.

On a Meatless Monday, try this game on your family. Replace the meat in one of your favorite recipes with a meat substitute. Last week, I bought some meatless “chicken”, cooked it, put it in a favorite family recipe, and didn’t tell my son. He thought it was completely real. And I thought not real.

No comments: