Apparently today happens only once in a lifetime, but if you think about it, every day happens just once in a lifetime. But, I guess it being 11/11/11 is a big deal. Many people are getting married or with careful planning nine months previously possibly trying to arrange the birth of a child on this numerical day of wonder. My celebration will come with no labor pains, wedding vows, or big parties. Maybe just some simple lists of eleven will have to be enough.
Eleven books I loved and bought:
1. Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli
2. Small change: The secret life of Penny Buford by J. Belinda Yandell
3. These is my words by Nancy E. Turner
4. The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
5. Skipping Christmas by John Grisham
6. The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent
7. Flipped by Wendelin Van Draanen
8. Sarah by Orson Scott Card
9. The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer
10. Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
11. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Eleven Marvelous Meatless Menu Items:
1. Mango Berry Salad at Cafe Zupas
2. Mushroom-Swiss Black Bean Burger at Chili's
3. Eggplant Parmigiana at Johnny Carino's
4. Lo Mein Noodles with Tofu at Pei Wei
5. Veggie Avocado Sandwich at Kneaders
6. Grilled Vegetable Tacos at Chili's
7. Five Cheese Ziti at Olive Garden
8. Veggie Burrito at Gecko's
9. Wisconsin Cauliflower at Cafe Zupas
10. Smothered Bean, Rice, and Cheese Burrito at Cafe Rio
11. Whole Grain Pancakes with 100% Maple Syrup at Cracker Barrel
Eleven Marathon Training Tips
I recently ran my first marathon, and these are the things that I learned.
1. Blueberry Cliffbars are my favorite fuel during a long run.
2. Sucking on Jolly Ranchers keep your mouth from getting dry.
3. Lap swimming is excellent cross training.
4. Carb up 2 to 3 days before every long run.
5. If at all possible, avoid a bathroom stop during the race. It kills your momentum.
6. Chocolate milk is an excellent recovery drink.
7. Do at least 20 miles before the marathon.
8. Practice wearing race clothing to prevent any chaffing. And the anti-chaffing roll-on really works!
9. I usually don't run with music, but an Ipod would be helpful for the last hard miles.
10. Next marathon, I will leave my fuel belt at home and use water and fuel provided.
11. Realize that the last 6 miles are totally brutal but worth it! :)