Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Hey Al Gore, can I get a new cell phone?

If you have read any of my previous green blogs, you know how much Al Gore’s approval means to me. I often think to myself “What would Al Gore do?” Okay, I don’t really think that, but I do like to make green choices. I checked out a book from the library that gives tips to reduce your carbon footprint. One of the tips was about cell phones and not to purchase a new one simply because your phone company suggests an upgrade. I didn’t know that. Seriously, who needs to be told that? I guess the same people who accept and use to the limit every credit card that they are approved for, or purchase a home simply because their loan officer tells them they can qualify for the mortgage. So if your phone just needs a little duct tape to hold the battery on don’t let your phone company sell you an upgrade, and if you can’t make the payment, don’t purchase the home. Stay tuned and I will keep you updated on more useful hints to keep the resources of the earth and your pocketbook plentiful.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm playing devil's advocate: go buy a dang new cell phone! Seriously, if I see you talking on a phone that is held together with duct tape, I will tease you. Seriously. No really, seriously. :)
I look forward to the other tips! hee hee.

cathy said...

You need to use this phone as many years as you kept that ugly minivan.

Alison said...

I thought that van was a classic. I had to drag my husband kicking and screaming out it. We had the van 16 years, and hopefully my phone will last another 11 years. I just won’t use it around Carrie. Thanks Cathy for a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

I recently got new and stylish phone... I just love it!!