Veggie Tortilla Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 cans chopped green chile peppers
3 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
1 can corn
2 cans black beans, rinsed
2 cans pinto beans, rinsed
2 avocados, diced
1. Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat, stir in onion, red pepper, garlic, and cumin. Cook for 5 minutes or until veggies are tender.
2. Add tomatoes, chile peppers and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add corn, black beans, and pinto beans. Stir and cook for 5-10 minutes.
4. Garnish each bowl with avocado and chips before serving.
5. Try to get another member of your family to cook tomorrow. :)