Thursday, February 2, 2012

McBattle


Loma Linda residents are in a battle with the Golden Arches. Apparently the highly health conscience citizens think that allowing a McDonald’s in their city will be a detriment to their overall well-being. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I thought it a little funny that those interviewed on a recent Nightline who were in favor of the burger giant looked like they had been super-sized, while those opposed were slim and trim.

Don’t think that there was any significant battle for Herman Cain’s endorsement. But his giving the nod to Newt Gingrich didn’t seem a surprise to me. It seems that cheaters like to stick together.

The big Super Bowl Battle takes place this Sunday. I am not even confident I could name the competing teams, and therefore, it would seem that I wouldn’t care who wins. I am sure my son will be watching, and I will be cheering for one particular team. My method for determining is not scientific or sentimental, but probably slightly crazy, however, it gives me some satisfaction. On each team, I count the number of players sporting ridiculously long hair flowing from the back of their helmets, and the team with the least will get my support. I guess I am actually cheering for that silly fad to fade fast.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I just love your honesty about random topics! They always make me smile and nod my head in agreement! The team with the fewest long haired players....oh that made me laugh! You are so funny! My husband loves him some football...I usually just pretend I understand what is going on, but I don't. I will never get football! Although whenever a player gets hurt, Sam is kind enough to rewind it and play it in slow motion for me because that's entertainment for me! ha ha!

true2217 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.