Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finally cookies!

My son had been asking me for weeks to make some white chocolate chip and macadamia nut cookies. I really didn’t feel like baking or eating baked goods after the holidays, so I kept making up excuses. Finally, the guilt got to me, and I baked. I got creative and tried something new. I found a recipe on-line and made whole grain adjustments. My son loved them and ate almost a dozen the first night. My husband thought they were a little too sweet but seemed to eat his fair share anyway.

White Chocolate Chip and Macadamia Nut Cookies

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
½ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 ½ tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 ½ cups hard white wheat flour
½ cup spelt flour
1 cup barley flour
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
1 ½ cups chopped macadamia nuts

Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat well. Blend in flours, soda and salt. Stir in chips and nuts. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Too sweet? For a cookie? Tell your hubby I said "tsk tsk tsk"! :)