Friday, November 12, 2010

For my grown-up taste buds


I grew up eating Captain Crunch and Wonder Bread. We had shredded wheat cereal in our house, but there was absolutely no way I was eating that wheat stuff without the frosted side. I remember trying Triscuit crackers once when I was a kid and couldn’t believe people would choose to eat those shredded mini-wheat crackers as a snack. Now they are my absolute favorite cracker. I will eat them plain, but I love them topped with Muenster cheese.


The best part is that they are made with whole wheat and only two other ingredients. I don’t know if another cracker exists that the recommended daily allowance of fiber is higher than the sodium and fat percentage. If you tried them before and didn’t like them, try them again when your taste buds are all grown up.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

I can 100% relate to your opinion regarding Triscuits! I used to HATE them! I gagged whenever I tried eating them. However, this past year they have become my favorite cracker by a country mile. I noticed the ingredient list as well. Very short and wholesome. Now, if I could just convince my taste buds to like fresh tomatoes...