Friday, January 30, 2009

Summers at Castle Auburn


So I am not a huge fan of Fantasy/Science Fiction Novels. I think it is because Barney the big purple dinosaur never could get through to me as to how to use my imagination correctly. I read them on occasion, but my favorite genre is historical fiction. I would recommend this book if you enjoy a nice little fantasy book. I enjoyed the development of the main character as she matured and came to an understanding of the other character’s flaws and no longer saw things as a little child. There were also a couple of fun twists.
Several years ago, my oldest son read Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card and wanted me to read it because it was his favorite book. I drudged through it never really seeing what he saw in it. I don’t think my mind can quite imagine the characters and scenes the author intended his readers to envision. I like reading things that are more reality based.

No comments: