Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Project Al Gore


Yesterday, I started Project Al Gore. It’s not that I am a huge fan of Al Gore or wish he would have been our 43rd president. He does seem like a nice enough man, and I believe he has some valid points about our responsibility in taking care of the environment. I must confess, however, that I have never seen his Oscar winning movie “An Inconvenient Truth” despite Oprah’s recommendation. If you asked me how I felt about global warming, the jury is still out for me. But, I do believe we should all do our part to conserve energy, recycle more, and just do whatever little thing we can to take care of our planet. Whenever I do my part to be “green”, I will say, “I wish Al Gore knew what I was doing. He would be so proud of me!” My teenage daughter doesn’t think that is funny, but I still laugh each time. So during the month of December, I am going to see how many plastic shopping bags I can save by using reusable cloth bags. I currently take these bags most of the time when I go grocery shopping. During my holiday shopping, I am going to take them to all stores. My goal is to save 50 bags during the month of December. The items that fit in these bags are equivalent to the items that will fit into 2 or 3 plastic bags. I have already saved 6 bags while shopping at 3 different stores today.
So this project is for Al Gore, and I think he would be proud!

No comments: