Friday, January 28, 2011

Bad Moon Rising


My absolute favorite episode of Everybody Loves Raymond was on television on Wednesday night. It is hysterically funny to watch Raymond try to convince Debra that her bad mood just might be PMS related. Any one who has experienced or been the victim PMS could surely relate. Frank calls it the enemy within, and Raymond thinks it is Hyde, if he were the bad one, taking over his wife each month. I know I hate my “ladies days” (as Marie refers to them), and anything that makes them more tolerable I gladly embrace. A couple years ago, I bought a little item that is not only environmentally friendly, but also a little improvement on “my ladies days”. So if there are any men reading this post, you just might find yourself blushing a little.


There is a whole isle in the grocery store devoted to feminine hygiene products, and yet we would all like to pretend that they are there for someone else. We can go to the store and buy just a loaf of bread or a single gallon of milk, but have you ever purchased just a box of tampons. If I am out, I will need to buy at least five other items that I don’t necessarily need so everyone doesn’t realize what time of the month it is for me. And then heaven forbid you run into a male neighbor with them glaring up from your cart. Now I still buy them on occasion, but if I am out I don’t need to run to the store. If you haven’t heard of a diva cup, you will need to check it out. The initial investment might seem a lot, but it paid for itself in less than a year. The best thing about it is that I can situate it in the morning and not worry about it again until evening. With this one product, I have definitely reduced my carbon footprint, and Al Gore would be proud.

No comments: